The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

New Member, old Acoustics, resonators, restoration, music

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Gin Ridge » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi Folks,

My first posting. Im a 30 year full time veteran of acoustic guitar playing/performing who loves old guitars of all kinds. As a pro player, I've had a hard time collecting vintage guitars since they usually cost more than I can afford, however, I've managed to do all right over the years; the occasional find here. I've also made a point of buying damaged vintage guitars and learning repair/restoration and have gotten to the point where I'm getting fairly good at it.

While I have several of the "usual suspects" in the electric category, my real passion is acoustics. I love old Gibsons (who doesn't) and have recently been acquiring a number of damaged turn of the century Washburns which I am in the proves of restoring.

I've recently completed my 7th independent rerecording, The Last Day of Winter which features some 17 different vintage guitars, mandolins and a tenor lute. You can see hi res pics of all these guitars on my web site, www.chrisvallillo.com. As of 1/15/13 I'm still adding all the details but eventually there will sound clips and the info on each instrument there.

In the mean time, here's a sound cloud link to a track from the CD featuring a reproduction of a turn of the century Lyon and Healy 9 String Parlor guitar p[laying a bottleneck slide version of "The Water is Wide". Hope you enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/gin-ridge-record ... e-water-is
Gin Ridge

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts