[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Greetings from Ohio!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Greetings from Ohio!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Vance » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:31 am

My name is Lee, my middle name is Vance. I use my middle name as my screen name.

I found this site while seeking info on an oddball switch that I’ve had for about 25 years. I’ll post the photos of the switch and the questions shortly.

Here’s a bit about me; I’m a hobbyist luthier. Twenty-six years ago, I started building guitars with pre-fabbed parts from a local music store. After several guitars, they guy who owned the store thought enough of my work to hire me as their repair guy. So I worked there for a couple years. All this time, I was adding to my parts stash, legally mind you; I had amassed a nice pile of parts, mostly Gibson and Ibanez stuff. The guitar that I built from this pile of parts was actually the last guitar that I made until now. That guitar was a Tele copy made of black walnut with a cherry top and using an old Kramer neck. Hardware was an Ibanez Edge tremolo with Peavey P12 humbuckers and Schaller tuners. I sold it back in 2008. Recently, I’ve gotten the itch to start building again which is what brought me here. This place seems to be a wash of folk who know their stuff with regards to old guitars and parts.

So while I’m mostly looking for info on my one old part, I suspect that I’ll be around a bit checking out the vintage stuff that inspires my constructiveness.

Thanks for the site and the time!
Vance
Vance

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts