[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - New VintAxe Forum Update

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

New VintAxe Forum Update

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm

VintAxe
Site Admin

by BluesHawk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:01 pm

Sounds good. Thanks for taking care of us, Vint!
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by opotable » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:52 pm

i've only just noticed this posting and the layout looks the same as always. which suits me. :lol:

ditto the thanks for the site. :)
opotable

by VintAxe » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Hey Guys.

Just a heads up that we plan to install the new Forum this Friday March 1 around 5:00 CST.

If you stop by and we are offline just try again later.

I hope you like the new Forum format; similar in layout to the current Forum but with some nice new features, especially for members accessing with phones or pads.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 am

Well after 3 hours and two phone calls to our server technical people we finally figured out why we couldn't upload the new database to launch the new Forum. Turns out that in the conversion from the old database to the new one a line of comment code in the old database was not tagged as a comment in the new database. This code created an error resulting in the new database failing to upload.

Bad News: By the time of this discovery we were hungry and frustrated and decided to try again later.

Good news: We now know what the problem was so the install should go smoother on the next attempt.

We'll try again this weekend or sometime next week. Be patient if you visit the Forum and it is offline, we'll be back soon.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Well, I'm sure you noticed we managed to get the new Forum uploaded. There is still a little tweaking to do on some of the default colors but the Forum seems to be running correctly so far.

Let us know if you encounter issues. The main issue I am aware of at this time is that the search function is not working. We will address this ASAP.

Also, we are being bombarded by spam registrations at the rate of about 30 a day. I'm working to ban these bots and I apologize if you are a legitimate registrant and your registration is deleted. If you are registering for the first time, please choose a username that makes it obvious you are a human and I'll get your account activated.

Thanks for your patience during this transition,

steve
VintAxe
Site Admin

by opotable » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:56 pm

steve,

i'm glad you're getting there with the new board and i don't want to sound ungrateful, but i just have to ask why the feck is the forum now BLACK with white text?

this is my absolutely least liked format, but i don't use any of them new fangled eyephonics or tabla ettes, maybe it suits the majority of users.

maybe you have a trick in user control panel where i can change it?
opotable

by Phizix » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes go to

user control panel
Board preferences
Global settings
Change board style from leviathan to prosilver

Let me know if that style suits you better, we're still working out the kinks. Thanks for your feedback.
Phizix

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts