The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What's happenin' out there?

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by KayKurruption » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Hello everyone, just figured I'd pop in and introduce myself before I started posting here.

I guess to start things off, You can call me Kay, I'm twenty-one years old, and I'm from New York. I started playing around with the deconstruction and re-assembly of guitars since July of 2013 when I bought a cheap and broken electric guitar that was made in china for twenty dollars and used it in countless nights of trial and error until it was eventually fixed. After I fixed it, I started teaching myself how to play it, and before I knew it I was at this point. Collecting, and repairing stringed instruments. Now I even have a few guitar dealers that bring their stringed instruments to me for repair.

In my personal collection I have the following: A salmon colored bridgecraft cheap-o strat copy, J. Reynolds cheap-o strat copy, Conrad Violin-Style hollowbody six-string electric-acoustic Hofner 459 copy, Peavey bass, Hohner student grade classical nylon-string guitar, Stadium Toledo S1(Egmond Toledo branded under Stadium.), 1940s Stella Acoustic, and a Gibson Hummingbird that needs some love (I've never had any confirmation that it's a real Gibson, and believe it's more than likely a fake, although I have had a couple veteran guitarists go nuts over it, and one even say he had owned and played this exact model of hummingbird as a teenager which leaves me to ponder over it...)

Anyways, Now I'm just rambling when all I really popped it to do was say hi, and I look forward to talking with you all. Happy posting, building, repairing, and collecting. :)
KayKurruption

by VintAxe » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:56 am

Hey Kay and welcome to the Forum.

There are a lot of Hummingbird copies out there. If you know someone that had one as a teenager he either had generous parents or owned a copy.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts