The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hi from MaxL

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by MaxL » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Hello! My name is Max!

I'm a college student and amateur guitarist. I'm taking informal lessons from an old family friend, Jacob, who could play in any hard-rock band on the planet.

I'm just getting to the point where I could probably play in a blues-rock band, but for the time being, I'm still learning. I don't have a lot of money for equipment, but I own a recent SG Special with an after-market pick-guard and standard humbuckers, a couple of serviceable amps (more about that later), two nice acoustics, and this weird little Harmony-brand solidbody...

That's one of the reasons I joined this forum: I've looked on a lot of websites and in a couple of books about 60's and 70's guitars, and I can't identify this old Harmony. It would have been a fairly cheap beginner model at the time, but I really like the look and sound of it, and the neck is absolutely perfect for my hands. Plus, it just has this 60's aesthetic...

I'll just bet somebody here knows enough about obscure 60's guitars to identify it. As soon as I can get my camera out, I'd like to post a detailed description and pics, if that's fine.
MaxL

by VintAxe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi Max and welcome to the Forum. Just post a picture of the Harmony when you get a chance and I'm sure we can probably tell you something about it.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts