[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Welcome to the VintAxe Forum

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Welcome to the VintAxe Forum

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Welcome to the Forum dunnowho_73. A Forum is only as good as the people that contribute and your participation is much appreciated. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Riccalljim » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:52 am

Riccalljim

by Michael Ambrose » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:56 am

Michael Ambrose

by drummer_vic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:21 am

drummer_vic

by Hollbrist » Wed May 11, 2011 3:50 am

What can I say I love playing my guitar. Im not overly exceptional but I figure even the experts are still learning. I first tried to pick it up when I was fifteen i guess i didnt really have the paitence I gave my first guitar to my brother and gave up. About 4 years ago I tried again with much better sucess. Now I am the proud owner of three guitars, a Johnson
acoustic, a montana classical acoustic and the reason I joined this forum a Crown Proffessional Electric Made in Japan. I bought it at a pawn shop for $125 it came with what I believe to be the original case and the most beautiful deep tone. I have spent countless hours trying to track down this guitar. I guess Crown Professional made a ton of acoustics and everything I've read has rated them very well. I have yet to find anything about an electric Crown pro. looking at some tiescos and other Japanesse guitars I have found one or two with the same red body but none are Crowns and none have the same single gold foil pickup or the chrome pick here. give me a minute to figure out a pic and ill post one. I would be most gracious for any info. Look forward to anything anyone has to say. Glad I found a place with people of similar intrests
Hollbrist

by Jim Goad » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:01 am

Hi All. Jim from Birmingham UK. Some people may know me from the D*A*M forum. Into old amps. guitars, effects & buzzy scuzzy music.
You thought the leaden winter...
Jim Goad

by VanZant » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Hello , New Guy Here , I am a front porch picker with friends on Saturday nights not a professional by any means been playing for about 30 years , One of the reasons I joined is I recently inherited by Brothers guitar collection who passed away in 1972 they have been in my parents Closets since then ,just recently they informed me that all of my brother Lennys guitars were still in their possession, I had no idea they still had them, any way there are a couple I don't know much about. 1 is a Federico Garcia Grade IA and says Madrid so guessing it is a spainish classical guitar, just not sure if it is worth anything it is in a nice hard case , sure sounds great, and the 2nd is a Nippon Gakki and says Yamaha in real small letters underneath classical as well can tell it is very old had my daughter take it to her music teacher and he said it had to be pre-war but I dunno , The rest are 3 old les pauls and 4 Gibson acoustics and an 1 old blond telecaster which were easy to get appraised , just tring to get a since of worth because we want to insure them any help would be greatly appreciated , Once I figure out how to upload pics I will
Thank you for the add as well , I been poking around on the site and have been quite impressed
Just doesn't make since he would have these two guitars with all the others especially after I had them appraised I almost fell over, If they were not worth anything unless there was sentimental value I suppose , I didn't know him very well he traveled all the time and I was young
VanZant

by VintAxe » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi VanZant and welcome to the forum. I really don't know much about Classical guitars but I do know guitars built in Spain by the right builder can be valuable. I also know there is a robust collector market for older solid top Yamaha classical guitars. I suggest you contact someone that deals exclusively in classical guitars. I think you potentially have instruments worthy of a careful appraisal.

good luck with your research
VintAxe
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts