[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Claim to fame?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Claim to fame?

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Say No To Vorderman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:11 am

working on the assumption that a few of us are retired from trying to be rock stars now :lol: do any of you have a claim to fame?

mine is playing above the bill to the band that later became Joy Division..and playing support to quite a few top 70s punk bands...Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers being perhaps the coolest 8)

and being the dad of an up and coming rock star 8)

and yours?

ps i don't know if any of you in the states will have seen an english comedy programme called "The League Of Gentlemen"....in the programme one of the characters "used to be in a band"...called "Creme Brulee"..if you ever played in a band in the 70s or 80s and aspired to rock stardom but never made it you will find "CReme Brulee" hilarious..and uncomfortably trues to life :lol:
Say No To Vorderman

by cheepaxes » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:04 am

In the '80s I played with these guys:

http://www.myspace.com/theneighborsdc

We opened for Roy Orbison, the dBs, Marshall Crenshaw, NRBQ and others. Paul Westerberg sat in with us at a wedding in Lake City, MN. We toured to Austin and back in 1989 to play the SXSW conference. We put out records on a French label and a New York City, USA label. Neither sold in any significant numbers.

In the '00s I played with these guys:

http://www.myspace.com/lasttrainhome

The core of the band moved to Nashville a few years back and I play with them rarely these days. With them I got to open for Kelly Willis, Alejandro Escovedo, Marty Stuart, the Gourds, Bill Kirchen, the Iguanas, others which aren't coming to me now. They opened for Willy Nelson in front of a few thousand people and I got to come out and play on one song. They also recorded one of my songs that made it to #9 on the Gavin Americana Music charts a few years back.

If you listen to the country stations on XM sattelite radio and hear a banjo playing their little 7-note theme, chances are it's me.

That is the sum total of my brag-ability. :)

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Say No To Vorderman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:31 am

this is the page i set up for my old punk band

http://www.myspace.com/harryhackandthebigg

and this is my sons band

http://www.myspace.com/shitdisco

8)
Say No To Vorderman

by frankpaush » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:24 am

...hey, really great stuff from your kid, the European future, no doubt, reminds me of blasted mechanism from Portugal the way they transport their spirit.
Nice and inspiring (but I guess hard to sell right now, too good to be true ;) )

my personal list of bands (on a roughly constructed homepage, sry)
http://www.bands.greenbuddha.de

most probably no stuff you ever heard of :)
frankpaush

by Bob K » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:10 am

I have absolutely no claim to fame whatsoever... :D
Bob K

by Say No To Vorderman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Say No To Vorderman

by frankpaush » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:56 am

... cooool, just the thing my acryl strat is waitung for (green buddha enlightment ;) ) unfortunately no transparent types, or did I miss something?

depending on what look he likes Ekos are much nicer (glimmerglitter)
or if he prefers a good sound Hopf 60s are really great (most of them, better quality than Höfner and Klira)
frankpaush

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 am

Say No To Vorderman

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts