[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - who is: frankpaush ???

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

who is: frankpaush ???

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by frankpaush » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:12 am

hi, it's me :)

I am a guitar player and during the last 30 years collected some guitars, centred my interest to old German and European instruments.

I bought in times when no one seemed to be interested but me ;) and managed to get free of the hunting fever when collecting strange instruments turned to common guitar players sport, no matter what quality, judging instruments just by a serial number or simply age (that is what I see on ebay every day and wonder, how people could spent an average year income for a guitar they never touched... too strange for me, the magic is the touch whenever I am fascinated by an instrument, maybe I would trust someone who knows what I like when buying and playing, but the final decision is made by the touch).

I don't really like the vintage market, it is ruled by hype and mostly by people who rather see financial aspects than instrumental quality, unfortunately, and hard to tell who is different and true expert.
Nevertheless still there are lots of people with the old spirit, players who understand and can tell a bad 64 strat without being blinded by a serial number.
Playing strats as main instruments (a bad heritage from the days when I started playing in the 70s ... ), I loved to experience other constructions, materials and form factors.

European guitars are my favourites for experimental playing because of some points:
they don't sound "like (anyone famous)"
they were grown where I was grown :)
there are a lot of esthetically strange ;) instruments during the early post war period with interesting sounds and constructional ideas
they were really cheap when I started :)
frankpaush

by VintAxe » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 am

Welcome to the Forum Frank. I have added a link to your guitar collection to my Links page under the name of "The Green Budda Collection". Let me know if you want this changed.

For those that are interested, check out Frank's collection here:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by frankpaush » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am

frankpaush

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts