[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Newb Here

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Newb Here

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Magnamagnus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi Guys, I've been bitten buy the vintage bug... I've so far accumulated:

1 Kay SG. Identical to the one on myrareguitars. 60s or 70s. Is there a way of dating these? I have fixed this one up and it both looks and plays great as long as you don't touch the whammy. :)

1 Unknown Sunburst Hollowbody in great shape. No brand Looks like great quality

1 Unknown Jazzmasterish in need of fixing up

2 unknown hollowbodys. with Bolt-on necks, one in need of restoration the other in need of a quick fix-up.

1 unknown hollowbody bass. The body is identical to the 60's "Stafford" on myrareguitars.

I'll try to get around to posting some pics soon so you guys can help me identify these.
2003 Honda VF750C Magna
60's KAY SG
Magnamagnus

by VintAxe » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 pm

Hi Magnamagnus and welcome to the Forum. We look forward to seeing some of the instruments in your collection when you get time to post pictures. You may also think about posting some "before-after" pictures of your restoration projects on the Show & Tale thread. Putting up "before" pictures can be a great motivator for finishing the project.

I don't know about the Kay SGs. Put up a pix and I'll rummage around my literature and see what I can turn up. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Say No To Vorderman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:10 am

welcome to the forum.....get the pics up. can't speak for everyone but i like to see pics of old guitars :lol:
Say No To Vorderman

by Magnamagnus » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:55 pm

Hey Axe and Say no.

I will be posting pics. Excellent advice on the before/after shots.... Too late on the bass I'm working on, but I will be sure to snap shots of the rest. BTW... Woo-hoo... Snapped up a Kawai Teradrop yesterday and a Kay Speed-Demon!!! Both in need of restoration.... Looks like I'll be busy for a while...
2003 Honda VF750C Magna
60's KAY SG
Magnamagnus

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts