[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Gear junkie signing in!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Gear junkie signing in!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by Michael Ambrose » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:42 am

Aloha!

Ambrose here... gear junkie/working musician from the Jersey Shore.

BIG "Chicago" instruments nut. I own a nice spread consisting of Silvertones and Silvertone "Parents"... even a few of my top axes are Silvertone "parents"... Dano, Harmony, Kay, Supro, National, et al. I'm also a big fan of instruments that came from Bakersfield... Mosrite and Standel, specifically. My #1 is a '66 Ventures Model.

I'm also a big keyboard nut... classically trained and all... I own a rhodes, a wurli, and a hammond chopper, yet I always find myself gravitating back to Farfisas.

So, thats me!
Michael Ambrose

by VintAxe » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:30 am

Thanks for signing in Michael. your contributions to the Forum are greatly appreciated. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I know I said I'd post a pic of my collection...

Well, this one's about two years old... some faces aren't in there anymore... plus there's some new additions... its just a pain now, since I've now got guitars at home, guitars at the shop, and guitars at the studio haha!

Starting at the left... a re-issue Danelectro U2... the "twins," a guitar and bass matched set of Aria Diamonds... my '59 Supro Pocket bass... a '78 Fender Musicmaster... a 4pu Telestar... a Harmony H-76, Hollywood, and H-78... '66 Mosrite Ventures Model... a crappy Epiphone acoustic and Carlo Robelli mandolin... and a pair of Teisco Del Reys.

I've since sold the "sunburst" teisco, added an Airline (Kay) Model 7214 (a Barney Kessel w/ Kleenex 3pu), added TWO more Supro Pocket basses for my live rig (one SUPER-chery, one worker bee), and re-acquired a seafoam Silvertone 1413L (which I had regretfully sold two years prior)...

I swear one of these days I'll get the whole collection together again for a "group shot" hahaha...
Michael Ambrose

by mrblanche » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 pm

What's that Danelectro reissue worth? I know where there is (or was) one in a pawn shop.
mrblanche

by Michael Ambrose » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:28 pm

I bought my U2RI for $225 new in the late '90s. I bought a baritone for $225 new in about 2000 but I got a deal through a connection. The regualr price was more like $275. I saw the U2s being sold for $100 used within a few years after they came out. When Danelectro stopped making the instruments in the early '00s the prices for used instruments went up to about what they had been new or a little more. I saw U2s going for $225 - 300. Baritones were going for $300 - 400. Twelve strings were usually $275 - $375. Dano came out with new lines of instruments at significantly higher prices. I don't think these had much effect on the price of used instruments. I haven't checked eBay for a while but looking at the prices in succesfully completed auctions would give you a good idea of what those guitars are worth now.

-Scott
cheepaxes

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts