The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hey dudes!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by windofdeth » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Hey, I'm from northern N.J, I'm 19, and I've been playing for 4-5 years now and have always been interested in vintage guitars. The look, the sound, the feel, it's just better man. Anywho, I currently own a 1966 Gibson Kalamazoo that I got from when my dad was young and rockin, and love to play classic rock. Thats about it, I hope to be a regular here on the forum and to know and get along with everybody!

-Mike
windofdeth

by VintAxe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Hey Mike, welcome to the Forum.

The 1966 Gibson is an excellent start. Like you, I was given a 1955 Gibson L5 when I was your age. That gift started an appreciation for older instruments that has persisted until today.

I look forward to seeing you on the Forum. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Michael Ambrose » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:35 am

Hey, another jersey boy! Welcome!!

Do you play with anyone?
Michael Ambrose

by Say No To Vorderman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:24 am

19? :cry: I have clothes older than you :cry: LOTS of clothes older than you in fact :lol:

at your age I was a young punk rocker playing support slots for the likes of Johnny Thunders, The Adverts, Slaughter and the Dogs, Vibrators..etc etc

welcome to the board and i'm jealous of your first guitar...mine was a second hand Zenta Bass for £25 8)
Say No To Vorderman

by windofdeth » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:06 am

I play with my family in a cover band currently. I've been trying to get them to get more gigs but its hard when 2 are in college and 3 are working.
windofdeth

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts