[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I was just activated!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I was just activated!

New to the Forum? Here is the place to let members know your collecting interests and musical background. Also, get to know some of the regular contributors to Forum discussions.

Moderators: VintAxe, Phizix

by MErlenmeyer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Hello, I wanted to join your community so I can understand a bit more about vintage guitars made in Japan. I found your site because I noticed a link to my website from here. You might call me the "Jedson Guy" -- I own and run the site at http://jedsonguitars.net

The purpose of my site is to stir up some interest in the Jedson brand. I would like to pick up a few more, but they are nearly impossible to find in the USA.

I hope to chat with you further .... Mark
Mark Erlenmeyer
"The Jedson guy"
MErlenmeyer

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:47 am

welcome to the board

just got a Jedson myself the other week

don't suppose you have for sale one of those string bar things that the strings go under on the headstock do you? mine is missing. can't tune the thing properly without the strings being too loose and suspect that would fix it
and original tone and volume knobs would be nice if you have them too
:lol:
Say No To Vorderman

by MErlenmeyer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 am

Thank you for the welcome.

I saw your request yesterday when I did my regular "Jedson" search. I wish I had parts for you, but I don't really have access to much Jedson equipment at all in the US. I wish I could find some equipment at a good price in the UK that is not on eBay :-(

I have found only one Jedson "Tele" that has a headstock like a genuine Fender Tele, and this one uses the dual round retainers. Most have Strat-style headstocks. I can find no evidence that Fender used a bar-style string retainer that looks like the Jedson. So, you have a choice: 1) Keep the Jedson authentic by making a retainer yourself -- shouldn't be that difficult or 2) try to make the genuine Fender retainer(s) work, but you would have to fill holes and redrill.

Since you are in the UK, you might be able to find really beat up Jedson teles for parts.
Mark Erlenmeyer
"The Jedson guy"
MErlenmeyer

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:47 am

Say No To Vorderman

by MErlenmeyer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:13 am

Mark Erlenmeyer
"The Jedson guy"
MErlenmeyer

Return to Greetings and Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts