The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

WTB: US made Applause guitars

This is to place to post messages concerning guitars and gear you would like to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by ksdaddy » Tue May 22, 2012 6:45 am

I've amassed about 17 of these things. Sorry, I just think they're cool. I'm not looking for the newer (post 1982) Korean stuff, only the US made ones, AA-14, AA-24, AA-15. Show me what you have and I'll tell you what you've got.

I'm always interested in more AA-14 type stuff but right now... specifically... I would like one that is "beyond", bowl-wise. Sometimes the bridges exploded and ripped the plywood tops to shreds. That's the one I want. It will be a donor, as I have a good bowl to put the neck on, and I have one that needs a rosette/guard. The bowl will then be surgically altered via me jigsawing a big hole in the back. Why? I have several Applauses with loose braces. I want to build a caul specifially to reglue the braces on an AA-14 and make it fail-safe... notched to match the braces and such. Instead of going in with a mirror and working upside down/backwards, I would like to have a bowl that I can use for measuring/trial fitting etc. Loose braces are common on the AA-14 so I may as well "tool up".

I know AA-14s are dirt cheap, typically $35-40-50 on ebay but I canNOT bring myself to cut up a good bowl. I'd rather use one that is beyond help.

Anyone? Got one hiding in the closet or under the bed? I promise I won't tell.
ksdaddy

Return to Guitars and Gear Wanted

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts