[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - twin neck bass and guitar?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

twin neck bass and guitar?

This is to place to post messages concerning guitars and gear you would like to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Say No To Vorderman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:44 pm

do any of you have for sale a twin neck bass and guitar? any suggestions for decent makes to look out for? my son fancies a double necker and i'm not sure what's available now or in the past. any advice would be welcome. 8)

all i can find on ebay recently is six/12 string double necks,none with bass neck :(
Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:20 pm

I think Conklin made one of the coolest Bass-Guitar double neck setups I've ever seen. I like the fact that you can have functioning seperate instruments or the double neck. Of course it is late 80's, pointy, rare, etc, but it's still a nice idea. Conklin makes innovative instruments to this day. Check them out here:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Say No To Vorderman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:03 pm

i've found this since i posted..has me tempted..just waiting on my son getting a look at the ad to see if he fancies it..Tennessee brand? mean anything to you?

Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:32 pm

I've never heard of the Tennessee brand before so I did a little looking around. Seems they are made in "Asia" but I could find nothing more specific than that. My first guess would be China or maybe Indonesia.

I did find a review on a Tennessee brand mandolin-guitar combination. Looks like this fella wasn't very happy and returned the instrument to the dealer. You can read his review here:

If you are not happy it's going to be very expensive to ship the guitar back to them. I'd proceed cautiously. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Say No To Vorderman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:27 pm

Say No To Vorderman

by Say No To Vorderman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:23 pm

well..after a few emails back and forth with a previous buyer in germany who is a pro musician and assured me it was good value for the money, he'd paid just over $300 plus shipping..i made them an offer and have just paid for one. fingers crossed i've not just bought an attractive ornament :(

i shall keep the board informed when it arrives 8)

Say No To Vorderman

by Riccalljim » Wed May 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Looks pretty good!
I have rescued a doubleneck that someone tried to do in the 60s i think - it was on ebay but had a mismatched 12 string neck with a butchered Jedson Tailpiece and 6 string. I did the only decent thing and took both the pups ( both teisco) and fitted them to the 6 string side, then put an old Kay Bass neck on the other side and fitted a Jazz bass pickup - the result is a modern sounding bass with a surf twang on the 6 string neck - this guy had got hold of a Zenta SG and a Jedson Tele and cleverly stuck them together - you can have a look at it here:
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn29 ... ction1.jpg
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn29 ... ction2.jpg
It's the cream one ( what am i saying ...it's the only doubleneck!)
Jim
Riccalljim

Return to Guitars and Gear Wanted

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts