[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Fender Performer

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Fender Performer

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by gtrjunkie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

gtrjunkie

by sublemon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 pm

sublemon

by Kate » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Kate

by gtrjunkie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 am

gtrjunkie

by gtrjunkie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:34 am

gtrjunkie

by Spud1950 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:11 am

Spud1950

by gtrjunkie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 am

gtrjunkie

by Spud1950 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:55 pm

To add to the confusion, some '80s Japanese made Fender models used the Kahler made trem, another very similar looking but different unit.

Spud1950

by gtrjunkie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:27 pm

That's got all the hallmarks of a kahler. The thing that stands out in my mind is a very strange locking nut on the gun metal gray super strat that I owned...... It had an adjustable single lever lock nut that required no tools and IT WORKED. HA
I've never seen it again but thought it was a great idea.
gtrjunkie

by gtrjunkie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm

If I didn't already have one I'd be all over this. It's not a "steal" but it's a fair price with the tags and hard case. I did read somewhere (wikipedia???) that production of these was only in the hundreds. So here's the link.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Vintage-Fender ... 240%3A1318
gtrjunkie

by sneakypete » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:00 pm

maybe, but that info almost certainly didn`t come from Fender Japan, they just don`t reveal production numbers on models, anyways, Wikipedia is the last place I go to for info.
sneakypete

by gtrjunkie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks pete.... but it was really more about letting anybody interested know that one was for sale and where I was able to find a little scrap of info on them. There seems to be a big giant vacuum of info for fender from that period.
gtrjunkie

by sneakypete » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:37 pm

thats true. When I got my FJ Buck tele I contacted the company and they wouldn`t tell me how many were made, but that hasn`t stopped people from coming up with all kinds of numbers all over the web.
21 frets is one of the best sites I know of for info on 80s Japanese Fenders, the Blackman site is woefully short on info on many many models so I never link to that site.

http://www.21frets.com/
sneakypete

by jtucci1991 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:11 am

This is redundant seeing as how the quality of this instrument has been well established, but my girlfriend owns a gun metal blue performer bass and it is quite the instrument. I personally prefer the sharpness of a jazz bass but it's a close second for me. The neck is really nice for a guitar player (me) as well, way nicer than my bruno conqueror. Anyways, she didn't pay a cent for it because her dad co-owned a studio that went out of business and he decided to swap basses just before they went under and passed the bass on to her almost immediately. Great deal I think.

Anyways that's my story.
jtucci1991

Previous

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts