[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - old silvertone

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

old silvertone

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by patrick is a stratocaster » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the model of this guitar? I got it free from a friend in nonworking condition, new input jack and it was ready to go. But i was more concerned with playability than vintage accuracy because this old thing sounds amazing. So, I replaced the bridge (those old silvertone bridges never did have good intonation) and put new tuners on it.

Sorry, but I don't have any photos of the original condition.

patrick is a stratocaster

by VintAxe » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey patrick is a stratocaster,

It's a model 1448 made by Danelectro. It looks like it has lost it's "amp in case" somewhere along the way.

Here is a link to more information on the Vintage Silvertone site:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by patrick is a stratocaster » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks for the info vintaxe, I was suspecting this was an amp-in-case model. However, the 1448 was an amp-in-case model that didn't include the amp-in-case...whatever the reason for that would be, LOL.

I believe mine is an earlier model from the two-bolt neck config.

by devnulljp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:27 am

devnulljp

by patrick is a stratocaster » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey thanks for the info guys. I haven't gotten around to checking the serial number yet. I will next time I change the strings :D

by Riotonsunset » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Riotonsunset

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Michael Ambrose

by sneakypete » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:50 am

nice to see the young uns diggin` the old stuff too. Cool guitar.
Changing parts to make it mopre playable shouldn`t be a problem as long as you didn`t drill any new holes or ream existing ones, and...keep the old pieces just in case.
sneakypete

by VintageGuitars_89 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:21 am

I never had a problem getting perfect intonation out of the old Dano rosewood bridge. Now, sustain is a totally different issue. They're dead as a doornail unless they're cut right.
"Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise God!" -Psalm 150
VintageGuitars_89

by cheepaxes » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:47 pm

I've had a lot of problems with the wound strings fretting sharp on the first few frets on Dano/Silvertones. I think that's more of a nut issue than bridge issue though.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by VintageGuitars_89 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:55 pm

yeah good call. those aluminum nuts are about worthless
"Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise God!" -Psalm 150
VintageGuitars_89

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts