[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 60's Patent Sticker Problem???

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

60's Patent Sticker Problem???

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by 56fender » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 am

Hello All,

I recently purchased a 63-65 era Gibson patent sticker pickup (non-T Top; red wire; wh/bl bobbin leads). I am in the process of restoring a 64 SG and I don't really have a basis to compare this pickup to. When I purchased it, the SG came with new Gibson Burstbuckers in it.

When I installed the pat# sticker pickup into the SG, it sounded very thin with a lot to treble...not like the Gibson burstbuckers which were very thick and warm in comparison. The pat# pickup ohms out at 8.15, but the output just seems to be low for a bridge pickup (the burstbucker ohms at 8.05). Is this normal behavior for that era pickup? Is there anyone I can send this off to for a professional opinion? Is there anything I can do myself to check?

If anyone wants pics, please send me your email address.
Thanks,
Matt
56fender

by VintAxe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey Matt,

I always need expert help when it come to troubleshooting pickups.

The only fella I deal with is Lindy Fralin. The turnaround can be on the slow side but the work and prices are good.

He should be able to diagnose the problem with your pup and offer a solution. Check out his website for more information. You may want to start with a phone call just to see what they have to say about your issue.

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts