[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - DeArmond pickup help...?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

DeArmond pickup help...?

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Michael Ambrose » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:24 pm

So, I've got my hands one a few old DeArmond pickups... you know the type... big, low-z chrome blocks found on low-end Kays and Silvertones.... the kind that are riveted shut...!

Anyone know how to pull one of these apart?

I'm having some issues with one of mine... I think one of the leads it pulled somewhere... i used to stockpile these, but sometimes they'd show up with super-short leads... I'm just about out of good ones, so I've got to get some of these rolling.

So. How in the name of holy hell do I pull these apart?!?

Anyone?
Michael Ambrose

by Spud1950 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:19 pm

You would need to drill the flared end off the rivet on the back of the pickup. This picture is the back of a DeArmond gold foil, but the rivet should be similar to the ones on yours.

You would use a bit that is slightly larger then the diameter of the rivet flare. You will then be able to seperate the base plate from the cover. Of course,after you do that, the rivet may be useless as far as being reused to put it back together. For more expert advice, I would suggest you visit this site,register and post your question. It is frequented by proffesional pickup makers, a few of which are familiar with working on old DeArmond pickups.

Spud1950

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts