[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Harmony 3-Bolt Neck Question

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Harmony 3-Bolt Neck Question

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by cheepaxes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 pm

I have a neck that I rescued off an old Silvertone acoustic. It was a bolt-neck instrument and I suspect it was made by Harmony. The neck was held on by three bolts arranged in the pattern that I see used on old Harmonies - two on one side and one on the other. I'm toying with the idea of picking up an old Harmony body to go with it. It would be great if I could avoid gluing dowels in the old holes and redrilling new ones.

My question(s): how standardized was the placement of the bolt holes across guitars/models? How likely is it that a different Harmony body would have the holes drilled in the same place as my neck? For that matter, how likely is it that the neck pocket size is standardized across models?

I suppose I could compare my two Rockets to each other and to the Silvertone neck, but I thought someone here might know offhand.

-Scott
cheepaxes

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts