[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - AHH! HELP!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

AHH! HELP!

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by thetermight » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:40 am

As I was tuning my new Kay Value Leader, one of the little white tuning peg buttons split in half and fell off!

I want to find some tuning pegs that are similar or very close to the same ones. They are a 3 in 1 by 2, and there are some pics already up

Please Help!!!! AHHH!!! :shock:
thetermight

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:24 am

Its pretty much par for the course for those old bakelite buttons, after nearly fifty years, to become brittle and shatter. Its already happened to I don't know how many of mine.

You can go to Stewmac.com for replacement button... or you can do the units.

I'm a Stratotone man myself... I tend to replace my old 3x1's with individual Klusons. They're players... don't worry about keeping it original... its meant to be played. UPGRADE!!
Michael Ambrose

by thetermight » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:17 am

What do you think about replacing just the buttons? I think the cream ones they sell on that site look good, but how successful will I be at getting them on?

Is it easy to soften the plastic in boiling water and position it on?

I tried to soften the ones that are on there now in boiling water to no success...

Something tells me they may not be just normal plastic though... bakelite you called it?

Anyway... do you think buying new buttons and replacing them all would be a good idea? I don't want to put new screw holes in my head and lose the original parts!!!
thetermight

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts