[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Please help me figure out what my Kay is.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Please help me figure out what my Kay is.

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Not Steve » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:04 am

So far, the best information I can get on my guitar is it might be an early vanguard, but there doesn't seem to be too terribly much information on this guitar on the internet, and I have only seen one that looks (almost) exactly like mine, and it's a pic from an ad on ebay (here's a link to it http://cgi.ebay.com/1966-Kay-Vanguard-E ... .m20.l1116 )
anyway, any help would be appreciated. I'm wondering what the pickup is, and if it's original. here are some pictures. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=1114955
Not Steve

by Spud1950 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:43 am

There's a couple of auctions on eBay for vibrato equipped Vanguards like the one in the ad you linked to. Yours looks just like them, except yours has a fixed bridge, so I would venture to say yours is a Vanguard, just a non vibrato model. The pickup in yours is the original DeArmond. Yours is a later version. The earlier version of the Vanguard looks like this.

Spud1950

by Not Steve » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Okay, cool. Mine has two holes next to the bridge, so I'm thinking some plate was removed at one point or another. I love the pickup, thanks for telling me what it is! I need to adjust the truss rod or something because it has a buzz in the lower register on the lower two strings XD
Not Steve

by Spud1950 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:33 pm

I'm sure it originally had a chrome bridge cover .The holes are for the screws that hold the cover on.
Spud1950

by Not Steve » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:54 am

Cool, ty again! Now all I need to do is figure out what is causing the buzz in the lower register :P
Not Steve

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts