[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - P90 EXPERTS?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

P90 EXPERTS?

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by simonm » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:36 am

Hi

I happen to have a really old p90 - like from the 1940s! but it has no base plate.

I got an older plate from the eeb, but it's weird. :?

First off - the side ears are not folded, the plate is totally flat, and second the actual holes have a little bit of tin or something reinforcing them. Anybody seen this before?

the base metal is brass, with a bit of chrome.

top:

bottom:
simonm

by Spud1950 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:45 am

Never seen a dog ear P90 base plate with flat tabs like that, but I'm not an expert. Looks pretty ancient though,so it may be period correct for the really early ones. I suggest you go to the forum in the link below and register. Post the pictures and questions in the "Pickup Makers" section. There's a lot of professionals there that really know their vintage pickup stuff. I'm sure you'll get some answers.

Spud1950

by simonm » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 am

thanks - good call on ampage as well - they'll definitely know there
simonm

by evilLordJuju » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:52 pm

I'm fairly sure my 1969 SG special has something similar to that. I haven't got a pic to hand, but I could perhaps do some unscrewing and take one.

These were the ones that attach to the full-size scratchplate.

Does this sound right to you?
|
evilLordJuju

by simonm » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 am

hi ELJ, thanks for replying - the pickup maker guys at ampage seemed to think it's probably a pre-p90 adjustable polepiece P13 baseplate, but they did say it was similar to the ones on the SG Special too, so it could be one of those also. Either way I'm going to have to a little bending so I can use it with a regular dog-ear cover...
simonm

P90

by evilLordJuju » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm

|
evilLordJuju

by simonm » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:13 am

ELJ - you're totally right!
pic from Plexi Palace forum - reinforced flanges n all:

thread: http://vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewt ... 31&t=82023
simonm

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts