[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Can someone help me to identify this strat copy?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Can someone help me to identify this strat copy?

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by AM » Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 am

Hi All.
I've bought nice strat copy but I still cannot find any information about manufacturer of this guitar.
Here is the photos:
Head

Neck plate

All guitar

Can anyone help me?
AM

by Michael Ambrose » Mon May 04, 2009 12:56 pm

I think I speak for most of us when I say...

what... the...
Michael Ambrose

by jeff mercer » Mon May 04, 2009 1:46 pm

You certainly speak for ME, Micheal :shock:

That is a very..erm..unique..guitar you've got there, mate ! I notice it has "Made in USA" on the headstock, but it does'nt look like any American-made Strat copy I've ever seen...can you tell us where you got it ?
jeff mercer

by sneakypete » Mon May 04, 2009 8:58 pm

if somebody here figures this one out I`ll be thoroughly impressed. I dig those crazy tuners.
sneakypete

by AM » Tue May 05, 2009 3:16 am

I've got it in the Belarus :wink:
I think that "Made in USA" on the headstock has been made to raise the price of his guitar. It's common practice in our country :D A lot of guitarists order such inscriptions on the headstock of handmade guitars to raise the price.
But this guitar sounds very good and I can't see any reasons for such inscription. Also I think, that it wasn't cheap guitar because of very nice wood and hard case.
AM

by sneakypete » Tue May 05, 2009 5:28 am

well it looks pretty cool, can`t figure out the name yet though.
sneakypete

by Michael Ambrose » Tue May 05, 2009 8:48 am

The name on the headstock is "Europe."

Made in USA. hahaha...

I still can't get over that humbucker in the neck position...
Michael Ambrose

by sneakypete » Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 am

OH...OK Europe...I thought there was a dotted "i" in there somewhere.
sneakypete

by Michael Ambrose » Tue May 05, 2009 9:20 am

when you flip it upside-down, that "dot" becomes a squiggly little serif leading to the "r"
Michael Ambrose

by sneakypete » Tue May 05, 2009 7:32 pm

yes I see that now
sneakypete

by Spud1950 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Interesting guitar,especially the neck wood. Not the usual maple.By the grain pattern,it looks more like Ash. Looks to be pretty well made.
Spud1950

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts