[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help Identify this guitar bridge please

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help Identify this guitar bridge please

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:34 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15386792@N02/3611045415/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15386792@N02/3611858256/

Hi,

I just bought a Peavey T-30, and this after market bridge was put on it, probably in the 80s. Can anyone tell me what it is? It's marked "Made in Germany/US Patent DBP" on the back. Thanks for your help.

knigel

by VintAxe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't know what it is knigel but the design looks more like a bass bridge than something you would find on a guitar.

See what I mean?

VintAxe
Site Admin

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Steve--the big tuna! I'm honored!

I posted those pics on another site, and someone suggested Schaller (it is a bass site, so I got the bass idea there too). It turns out it is a Schaller Non-Tremelo Roller Bridge. I just set up the T-30 with new strings, and--well, I really like it! Here is a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15386792@N02/3612195594/

I know it's not totally vintage, but I do love that Peavey T30. Fifty bucks!

And also, not European, but the bridge was. You can move it if you want.
knigel

by VintAxe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Excellent, glad you got an ID on it. I guess I'm just so accustom to all the complicated bridge/trem setups in the 80's that your bridge struck me as a pretty simple setup for the era.

Fifty bucks is excellent, I think they typically go for between $100-$200 depending on condition. Looks like you got a clean one.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Yeah, I'm super pumped. I was just going to flip it to help my jazz bass project, but the body is mint, the elecs are mint, it sounds nice through my little ampeg tube amp--I'm keeping it. Also, the case is military grade. I dragged it behind my car from Boston to Providence just for the heck of it.

Plus it looks like the guitar Fred Flintstone would play.
knigel

by Spud1950 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Spud1950

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 pm

knigel

by Spud1950 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Spud1950

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 pm

knigel

by Spud1950 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:34 pm

There's quite a few people on this forum who have posted about their Peavey's in the "Miscellaneous and Non-Fender Topics" section.

This thread needs to be moved to the American vintage section.These Peavey's are after all an American made product!
Spud1950

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Yeah, I only started it because if the Schaller bridge!
knigel

by VintAxe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for the price correction fellas. I didn't do my homework on that quote. I wanted to see a picture of the original bridge and hit this site first. These prices must be old.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 pm

guitar-museum.com--I've never seen that one! Another delightful way to spend my unemployment.

I figured on ebay I might fetch 200, but that's actually a nicer bridge, though not stock. I have no idea what it would go for now. The bad economy in me says 150--the optimist collector in me says 300.

I'm going to keep it--until I get sick of it, which happens with all of my guitars (except my Univox LP).
knigel

by Spud1950 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

You never can tell.Here's a T 60 that sold on eBay in April. These are one of the most desirable of the of the old Peavey's, but this one went way over the top compared to what I've seen other T 60's sell for.It is in pristine condition, but $665 was really a shock!

Spud1950

by knigel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Wow, that is a lot for that guitar. I sold a T-40 in similar condition for 350, and I thought THAT was great.

Of course, I want it back. 1979 T-40 with Toasters--I miss you.
knigel

Next

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts