[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What Gibson model is Epiphone's Les Paul 100 based on?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What Gibson model is Epiphone's Les Paul 100 based on?

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by MorrellMan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I've always been a strat man, but I was browsing in a pawn shop in a little town outside of Vancouver and found this guitar. I loved the way it sounds and I still do - but I have a feeling whatever guitar this was based upon would be a whole lot better than this "inexpensive" model.

The serial number is SI07050020. Any help would be appreciated.

MorrellMan

by Michael Ambrose » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Umm... As far as I'm aware, the Epiphone Les paul is based on the Gibson Les Paul.

Hahaha...

Seriously, though, I'm not quite sure how to answer this...

The Epi LP 100 is just a low-end Les Paul.
Michael Ambrose

by Michael Ambrose » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I should also add that I used the body and neck of an Epi LP 100 I was given to make what is probably my favorite workhorse guitar...

This one had gold hardware and "black pearl" appointments (pickguard, switch plate)... I got gold Grovers, a TonePros tune-o-matic bridge, and a pair of GFS Dream 90's with a black pearl top that you would swear was cut from the same piece as the PG and switch plate. Did some minor fret work, a proper nut slotting, a light truss adjustment and a neck shim... and its become a rock-solid workhorse... Stays in tune, intonates perfectly, resonates well... Not a bad little guitar!
Michael Ambrose

by MorrellMan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 am

Michael - thanks for responding. I figured the question might be an obvious one, but I guess I'll just have to play as many Les Pauls as I can to find the tone apparent in the 100. I played a few a couple of weeks at Sam Ash, mostly new models in the $2300 range, and they paled in comparison to my $100 Epi! They even had one there, so I played them side by side and the Epi killed the LPs in terms of tone.
MorrellMan

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 am

Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:51 pm

cheepaxes

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Michael Ambrose

by MorrellMan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:52 am

MorrellMan

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts