[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Any Alamo fans here?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Any Alamo fans here?

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by theehman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 am

I just picked up a '64 Alamo Titan on ebay. It's complete except for tuners so I'll be finishing it up soon. Wondered if there were any other owners out there who could answer some questions on the pickguard. Mine is the one with the odd design in it (stylized "A") but it's been filled and painted over. I wondered if the design is simply cut through the guard so the body finish shows through or was it filled with something/ backed with something?
Ron Neely II
The EH Man, All-Knowing Guru of Electro-Harmonix
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs
theehman

by Spud1950 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Don't own one,but I checked the 1965 Alamo catalog in the VintAxe collection and the Titans with that style pickguard do indeed appear to have the letter cut through the guard with the body finish showing.It's pretty evident on the sunburst finish as you can see the different shadings showing through. Cool guitar,by the way :!:
Spud1950

by VintAxe » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey Ron.

I owned a Fiesta once and really loved the hot pickup it had. The pup was warm and fuzzy. The rest of the guitar was pretty plain-jane and the intonation wasn't very good up the neck so I sold it. I figured if I was going to own an Alamo it would be a Titan, they are much better looking than the Fiesta to me.

Congrats on your purchase, I bet it will be fun.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spud1950 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Here's a picture of the Titans. Check out the guards. I reduced the size,but in the full size picture you can definitely see the different shades of color through the logo cut out on the sunburst model with the Bigsby.
Spud1950

by Phizix » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 am

Phizix

by auriemma » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 pm

My first amp was an Alamo Dart... does that count?
--- Joe ---
Still strummin' after all these years
auriemma

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts