[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 70s FENDER STARCASTER REISSUE

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

70s FENDER STARCASTER REISSUE

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by FoonkySteve » Sat May 01, 2010 6:43 am

Howdy Folks,

Im a Noob to these forums here, Im just on because i heard that there is love for the original 70s Starcaster here! True??

I hope so!

So, i have an online petiton going for the re-issue of the original 70s Fender Starcaster semi-hollow
Here is the Link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fender70sstarcaster/
Please be sure to sign it and show your support, it takes less than a minute, no spam, and its free!! :D

Just in case you think im a total no hope tool, i should mention, the petition is currently at 358 signatures, Since my letter to 'Guitarist' Magazine, there has ben a 2page spread on the guitar in the 'used gear' column March issue, and my letter published in the Mag in the 'April' issue, since then signatures have doubled, the petition has also been featured on 'iheartguitar' news, and Guitarworld magazine offshoot website news!

There is also an extensive thread on the growth of the petition on the Harmony Central Electric Guitar forums, along with threads on theGearpage, musicradar, Fender.com forums, ultimateguitar offsetguitar, tdpri, geekchat and guitarscanada. On the Harmony Central thread i have been in contact with 'Mike Eldred! of the Fender Custom Shop' the word is out! Its really happening this time!

I heard there was Starcaster love here, please dont let me down

Hopefully i'll see some of your names on the signatures page!

If i'm in the wrong place, please let me know.

Cheers

'Foonky'Steve Cassidy

P.S. My humble apologies if you have seen this thread elsewhere in other forums, i am just a guy from Dundee, Scotland, Uk, working 2 jobs and doing this on the side. I am just trying to get the word out:) I am a meer ant in the whole guitar manufactiring industry, but im taking on the big guys :D
FoonkySteve

by mrblanche » Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 pm

How about, just for starters, some photos of the guitar you want re-issued?

As you well know, there is a current Starcaster being produced and sold, but all it is is a cheap strat copy.
mrblanche

by FoonkySteve » Sat May 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Im on the case :D

FoonkySteve

by Murphguitarfan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Very cool. I think I already signed the petition.
Murphguitarfan

by cody18 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 pm

Wow! :shock:
Cool huh! 8)
I like the white starcaster :)
cody18

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts