[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 77-79 Spector NS6

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

77-79 Spector NS6

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Wayne » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:59 am

I have an old Spector NS6 I bought used about 20 years ago. It was collecting dust for about 10 years and just started playing it again. I wanted to find out how to re-wire the pots/caps back to original, but I don't have a schematic for this guitar. So in while trying to find out how to re-wire the guitar, I also wanted to know when it was made.

I think it's a 1977-1985 NS-6 by looking at the Spector website. It has to be a few years older than 1985 because I bought it used in 1985.

I contacted Spector and they said :

by the look of the guitar it is from 1977-1979.

when you take it to a shop, they can date the pots.
this can help a little with dating the guitar.

the values for the volume and tone pots depend on the pickups that are in it. If they are active EMG pickups then the volumes will be 25K and the tones 250K. if regular pickups the volume will be 500K and the tones 250K.

That number looks like a 6, that would be the number of the guitar from that batch. usually you will find a number like this on the guitar 672077 for example. this would be the 6th instrument completed in the batch from July 20 1977. this info was usually etched into the bridge, string plate on the back of the body, or under the truss rod cover.

Can anyone help me to date this guitar and find out when it was made ? Knowing that, can anyone help with a schematic of how to re-wire it ?

I was going to have it refinished to get all those scratches out, but in reading further on websites like this I now understand that's a bad thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Wayne

Here's a top view without strings

Here's a top view with strings (about time to start playing it again ! )

Here's the only number I can find on the guitar. Looks like a 6.

Here are the old pots and caps I took out. Missing one pot.

Here's the back view of the newer sealed pots I replaced with.
Wayne

by jcbass » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:55 pm

the only thing that I can find is a link to spector, you may want to contact them for information http://www.spectorguitars.com/
I have no information in my price guide.
I hope this helps
John (jcbass) :?:
John (jcbass)
jcbass

by Wayne » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:01 am

Thanks John,

I contacted PJ at Spector in November. He was very polite and tried to help but I couldn't get the original wiring diagram. After I hacked up the wiring so many years ago, I don't remember how it was originally wired. I thought knowing the year it was made might help.

Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne

by jedistar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:06 am

not sure if this catalog link will help you.

http://www.spectorworld.com/scatalogs.htm

? owned by Kramer

some pot links near bottom of this page:

http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar%20amp%20dating.htm
jedistar

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts