[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - KAY bolt on acoustics..

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

KAY bolt on acoustics..

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by fastblack74 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:26 pm

I own an old KAY bolt on acoustic, model #1110. it's got a kewl slotted headstock like a classical and is a red black burst with white binding- Very Jack white
it looks like late fifties early sixties, any ideas or years for this model?
"Stomper of Switches-Destroyer of Batteries"
fastblack74

by VintAxe » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:07 pm

Hey fastblack74, welcome to the Forum.

According to Michael Wright's compilation of Kay models published in Guitar Stories Vol. 2, the Kay 1110 was produced from 1966-68. It's referred to as a "Calypso Folk Guitar". sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by fastblack74 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:18 pm

:D Wicked , thanks!!!!
I picked up this little guy (about the size of a parlor guitar) at a pawn shop for 20 bucks bout 4 years back and love it, i always play it which makes my Fender acoustic jealous- it just feels so much nicer and i like the tone way better.
I guess this would have been strung with steel strings then with the "folk" in the model name, which is kewl cause i was concerned that they might damage it but nothing has moved since i bought it, the only thing i did was put in a telle neck pickup in the soundhole and flip the tuners around to get new holes for good screw bite
Did it say anything bout original price ( bout 9 bucks ?) or the period it was made in?
Thanks alot for the reply
fastblack74

by fastblack74 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:22 pm

:oops: Sorry, read it slower and saw the 66 to 68, i was to excited at first!
fastblack74

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts