[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1965 Silvertone 1413L

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1965 Silvertone 1413L

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Riotonsunset » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 pm

I won this Turquise Silvertone on Ebay last week. My friend used to have the same guitar back in 1965.

still has 3 of the original strings!

It is the same model the Wonders used in the movie "That Thing You Do" when they appeared as Capt'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack shooters in
"Weekend At Party Pier"!

Riotonsunset

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey Riotonsunset.

I think that pup is really cool, I have it in a couple of Kays I own. It is midrangy but a useful recording tone. It's a blast to play solo since it covers such a wide frequency range.

Looks like the guitar player in the Wonders watched too many episodes of Gilligan's Island. I think he must have had a crush on Gilligan. I'm sure the other fellas just went along with the concept. :roll:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:13 pm

I've got a 1413L as well!!! Easily one of my top three favorite guitars!! Right now, my stage rig consists of this and a Mosrite Ventures model.
Michael Ambrose

by Spud1950 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Love that color! My first thought was that it is a Kay made guitar. According to this and some other net references,that seems to be the case.

Spud1950

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Definitely Kay. You can sometimes find these branded as Kay with a "Lady Shoe" headstock.
Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 am

I think one of the first guitars I ever bid on on eBay was one of those. I lost. :(

Still think they're cool.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Riotonsunset » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks guys.I got a '65 Kay case for for it and it fits perfectly. This guitar was probably made was made in 1964,at least that is what the pot codes and sticker on the pickup say. Boy,imagine how many guitars Sears must have sold that year!

Riotonsunset

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts