The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Kent Armstrong Danelectro HOT Pick-Up

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Undle Freddy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:48 pm

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE BIG LOWER BRASS GROUNDING WINGS ARE FOR ON THE KENT ARMSTRONG LIPSTICK PICK-UPS FOR DANELECTRO ?? THE STOCK PICK-UPS FROM THE 50S & 60S DO NOT HAVE THESE LARGE BENDABLE LOWER GROUND WING TYPE THINGS (THEY LOOK TO BE HELD ON WITH TEENY NUTS, AND THE GROUND OF THE PICK-UP IS SOLDERED TO ONE SIDE) AND THE KENT ARMSTRONG I BOUGHT FOR MY '58 DAN-O WILL NOT DROP IN WITHOUT EITHER REMOVING THESE WINGS OR CUTTING THEM OFF DRASTICALLY (OR REMOVING THEM) ........IF THESE WINGS WERE NOT THERE, THE PICK-UP WOULD DROP RIGHT IN MY '58 DAN-O .....AS ALL OTHER SPEC AND FIT IS PERFECT AND PER ORIGINAL ON THE KENT ARMSTRONG DAN-O LIPSTICK REPLACEMENT PICK-UPS......LET ME KNOW GUYS, THANKS !!
Undle Freddy

by Spud1950 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Never seen a Dano pickup made like that, but I believe those "wings" are there to act as spring tension for height adjustment.

There's no reason why you can't modify or remove them so the pickups will fit like the stock ones as long as you retain the ground wire connection in some way.
Spud1950

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts