The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

value leader pickups

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by johnnyb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:42 pm

So, i have a silvertone version of the Kay value leader. Im going to keep it for a long time, because it is a really decent American made instrument, It looks awesome and I love to play it.

That being said it going to get some upgrades so i can play it out. I need one more of the dearmond pickups because its a 2 pup version and I'm a 3-4 pup kinda guy. Where is a good place to find these? I've been watching e-shmay but haven't seen them.they are the flat, top mount, soap bar type. Any help would be great.

John
johnnyb

by Michael Ambrose » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Want one of mine? I think have a few extras. (I recently moved, and all of my parts were in storage for about six months, so I don't really remember what I have). I know I have at least one small, flat-top type... I may add one to the Style Leader I just put back together... but I may not... don't quite know.

But I do know that I don't build NEARLY as often as I used to, and going through my parts boxes after not even touching them for months and month I find myself asking "do I REALLY need this?" about a whole bunch of my parts...

So... if I have more than one, I'd be happy to sell/trade you one.
Michael Ambrose

by johnnyb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 am

yes i would love one of yours. how much are you looking to get. i have a pretty empty parts drawer so it would probably need to be cash. also, i was going to wax pot the pickups, which means breaking off the rivets to get at the insides. any suggestions for re-attaching them?

btw. im also going to re-fret and put a 12" radius on the fretboard. it has a 1/4'" slab of rosewood on it so it has plenty of room. the old frets are brass and turn green within days and also makes your hands smell real bad. ive practiced with my band with this guitar and it sounds great. im limited to clean songs due to the squeeeeeeaaal and improved playability will be a +. thanks.

john
johnnyb

by johnnyb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

it is this type by the way.

johnnyb

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts