The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

help with identification

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by kellygallo2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 am

So i don't really know much about antiques but i found this guitar and wonder if anyone could let me know what it is and may be how old it might be. all i really know is the make which is Harmony. It is a solid body electric guitar in pretty good shape, the metal parts and pickups are pretty rusty. I would like to learn how to restore a guitar so i'm wondering if this is worth it. I have been searching around to find the model but cannot yet figure it out. I looked on the guitar and could not find anything about a model or even a number of sorts. May be this is not enough good information but i thought i'd give it a try. anyway any information that might help me find out about this guitar would be very helpful. The guy wants 60 thousand won which is like fifty some bucks so i figured it might be worth the investment to try and fix up an old guitar. I have a couple pictures but am not sure how to post them. also if maybe there is something i should look for to help let me know thanks a lot[/img]
kellygallo2

by VintAxe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Look at the top thread in the Forum called "Forum Help and Guidelines" for instructions on posting a picture.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by opotable » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 pm

if it's a chicago made HARMONY then 50$ sounds great in any kinda condition.

but since you're in south korea i expect it's a far eastern "harmony est. 1892" and $50 is about top money for one in MINT condition.

if you can get a pic posted the ID-ing is pretty easy.

:)
opotable

by kellygallo2 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:48 am

Ok here are the two pictures. You mentioned "harmony est. 1892" and that is what is written on the head so may be i'm guessing that its the far eastern version?

[/img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m582/kellygallo2/DSCN0252.jpg

[/img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m582/kellygallo2/DSCN0253.jpg
kellygallo2

by opotable » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:58 am

yes, this is not USA manufactured. harmony never copied strats or les pauls.

this guitar is in my humble opinion worth maybe US$ 10..............

:wink:
opotable

by kellygallo2 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:53 am

ok thanks a lot for the help
kellygallo2

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts