[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Harvey Thomas history!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Harvey Thomas history!

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by j.d. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

by VintAxe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey j.d.

I have this brochure in the VintAxe Catalog Library but I have never seen one of these guitars in the flesh. The brochures are rare, the guitars seem rarer.

I will be contacting you soon about needed parts. I've just been focusing on fixing guitars with broken wires and in need of contact cleaner than the challenge of hard to find parts. :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by j.d. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Awesome guitars!

:idea:
Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

by jfine » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 am

I've actually played one of those. I grew up in San Francisco, and when I was a teenager in the mid-'60's, a dealer called Satterlee and Chapin started carrying those. I remember that they got one of those Maltese Cross guitars in, and I tried it out--as I recall, it played pretty well, although I wasn't much of a player at 15, and anything that played better than my Japanese St. George was killer! I never liked the look of that model, and I remember wondering if Thomas made anything a bit less, uh, Teutonic. As it turns out, they did, but I've never seen one. There was a good article in Fretboard Journal a while back on Harvey Thomas--apparently he was quite eccentric. (like you couldn't tell from that guitar...)
jfine

by Spud1950 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Here's a great Harvey Thomas site.

Spud1950

by j.d. » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

by VintAxe » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 am

Hi Harvey Thomas fans. I just wanted to let you known that an informative article on Harvey Thomas guitars appears in the March 2013 issue of Vintage Guitar magazine. There are some nice pictures of Harvey and a fairly complete pictorial of all the guitars he produced. I'm sure Vintage Guitar magazine would sell a copy of the March issue if you contact them

VintAxe
Site Admin

by j.d. » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:39 pm

hello,

I'm sure there must be proud owners of Harvey Thomas guitars or basses out there!
If so: i'd like to expand my archive with more pictures of Harvey Thomas guitars and basses!
Contact me at => info@guitarage.nl

Thanks
Frank
Guitar crazy?
...Crazy guitars!

www.GuitarAge.nl
j.d.

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts