[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Giannini Craviola solid body.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Giannini Craviola solid body.

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by RTZ » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm sorry but didn't know where to post this and if I understand right these were made in Brazil, which is South America. Feel free to move the thread though if there's a more appropriate place for it.

I came across this on a blog a long time ago and always thought it looked amazing. There seems to be little to no info on them so I was curious of anyone one here has ever encountered one. I'm guessing it's pretty rare, or at least rare in the U.S.. Purely aesthetic wise it looks like it would be a stellar dream pop/shoegazer guitar.

It's funny how many black guitars with red binding I have come across in the past couple months after seeing that first black Craviola. Must have been a popular combo. You don't see enough odd colored binding any more.

I did find these two on eBay but missed the auction for them. Both in pretty rough shape. I wonder how much they went for. $600 is a tad too rich for my blood.

Here's a little info I've dug up on the reissues. Also found a blog featuring their other solid body models.

Pictures and what nots from the 2012 Expoguitar show. They have a few semi-hollow bodies too. The Craviola is really growing on me.

Youtube video on the Craviola. I can't figure out how to embed or what not. Can't really understand the language either but yea.
[url]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-NpJQhOWGo[/url]

Also found this one which seems to be a signature model.

Picture of him holding it to get an idea of how it looks strapped on.

I'd be curious to try one of the old ones out, like the two that were on eBay. The seller claims the necks are like toothpicks, or "banjo" necks. They do look much thinner, or less wide at the nut in a few of the pictures. Wonder what the radius would be on them.

They remind me sort of, of a plumper Gibson Moderne.

So anyways can anyone fill me in on these things? When were the original solid body ones produced? Is there an literature out on them, old ad's and what not? I keep digging but there really doesn't seem to be a ton of info on them. The bit that is out there is mostly on the reissues.

I'm guessing that first black one posted is in fact a reissue.
RTZ

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts