[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1981-82 Fender Bullet 1

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1981-82 Fender Bullet 1

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by BluesHawk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Just learned about the 1981 Fender Bullet (not to be confused with the Squier Bullet that appeared in the late 1980s). Seems to be well-regarded as a player, a step up from the Mustang. Came in Tele-esque and Strat-like body shapes. Anyone have more info?

Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by opotable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:55 pm

i don't really have more infos but there was an immaculate very early red one advertised locally before xmas from a guy who'd bought it new and never played it hardly .

i'd never heard of them either but after researching it seemed to be an interesting item.

except i don't like red and wasn't going to pay a grand for something to strip and refinish.........

i placed a wanted ad looking for a beater and got an answer asking how much i would pay for one and never ever got a reply to my "please send pics and your price idea" reply.

i figger he had a bullet strat and was hoping to make a killing.

:lol:

quite rare to find one anywhere on the planet.
opotable

by BluesHawk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey, thanks OPO. Yeah, the prices are gettin up there near to vintage Mustangs. I did see several on eBay just now. So they're out there.

I'll just be patient. Good luck findin yours!
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by opotable » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:19 am

i forgot to mention that the as new one here is a strings thru' body "deluxe" model, this is VERY difficult to find.

even my brother who had a music store in the UK said he'd had a lot of them passing thru' years ago but had never seen this model.

i can't locate pictures right now but i'll see if i find them later.
opotable

by BluesHawk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am

Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by opotable » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:23 pm

i'm referring to the one that was for sale here in switzerland, not your picture of the bullet strat.........

here it is. let me know if you find any more of this type.

opotable

by BluesHawk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Okay, I see what ya mean. And what a beauty she is!

But I do agree, the red, which looks like Fiesta in these photos, is my least favorite color. The yellowed white works for me (tort guard, if only, eh?... 8))
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by opotable » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 am

i saved this picture from somewhere on the net, that's more my style. :)

is that your jazzmaster ? i never saw one of them in the flesh but this one, not as new in a battered case is advertised not so far away, he says "please ask for the price". probably has some fantastic sum in mind. not that i know what they're fetching. :wink:

he says it's a 1959.

opotable

by BluesHawk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 am

Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by BluesHawk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:37 am

Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts