The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Dean Flying V

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Cambridge9999 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:09 am

Just wanted to post my 78-79 (serial number is tough to read) Dean V here on the American Vintage section.

and the rest of my guitatrs not all are vintage yet., nor are all them american made.. Japanese 96 Jackson Dinky, USA Patent Pending 78-79 Dean V, 95 Mexican squire strat, 84 Gibson Explorer USA made with triangle pattern knobs. Mid 90's Ovation Celebrity, Samick 12 string (not sure where it was made or the year), A Takamine EG-240 RS, and an unknown that I've posted on the Whats my guitar worth section.

Thx,
Cambridge
Cambridge9999

by VintAxe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am

I love old Deans, even though they do have that "Love it or Hate it" headstock. I love it :)

Zelinsky claimed the original motivation for the headstock design was to increase sustain. I don't know about that but I do know that a V guitar with a V headstock is cool.

Thanks for sharing
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Phizix » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Nice collection you got there!

I went ahead and put img tags around your picture links so they would display in the post.

The Dean is definitely my favorite but I also like that Explorer and the Jackson
Phizix

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts