[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Elmore James' 1954 Silvertone 1361

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Elmore James' 1954 Silvertone 1361

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by BluesHawk » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 am

Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by snakehips » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:59 am

Hi there !

Well, I bought one of those white Silvertome 1361's last year - it was on ebay.
The tuners were gubbed but I've put on a new set of "aged nickel" Kluson 3-on-a-strip set.

There is a slight bend in the neck but it is playable enough.

I'm a real Elmore James fanatic -so this was the guitar to find (after finding the Kay dreadnought).

Here is the Silvertone on my youtube video :

snakehips

by snakehips » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:26 am

Hi again !

As the neck is by no means straight, I'm going to take the guitar into my work and x-ray the neck (I'm a Dentist !).
I want to see if there is any imbedded metal rod in the neck. I doubt it though.

If it doesn't have, then there is a better chance I might be able to get a luthier to straighten the neck in a heat-press type thing, to avoid the guitar needing to be taken apart (I'd rather leave it how it is, if that was the case).

The guitar did not have any strap buttons (or holes for them) - not even on the "butt" of the guitar. I was surprised at that !
snakehips

by opotable » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:08 pm

unfortunately i have no teeth left so you lost a long distance customer.

cool enuff guitar and cool enuff playing.

och aye thi noo. :wink:
opotable

by snakehips » Tue May 12, 2015 10:42 am

Hi again !

New video of me playing my Silvertone 1361.
It sounds great - with a nice fat tone, and amazing for slide guitar.

I'm using a Ditto looper pedal to record, then playback a rhythm track verse (to play over and over).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ8SzMhozo4
snakehips

Previous

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts