[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - my uncles supro

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

my uncles supro

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by aweltzin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Hello, I am hoping someone can help with this guitar.. my uncle has had it since the 60's and said his mom got it at a garage sale for him.. all we know is that its a supro and has pat. pen. on it.. the serial # is x30478.. I just saw a supro ranchero picture on a site and it kinda looks like that but with a different headstock.. I hope someone can give us a little more info about this guitar.. Thanks
Tony

aweltzin

by VintAxe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Good research work aweltzin,

Your guitar is actually a cousin of the EL Rancho called the EL Capitan that is the deluxe model of this style. I think the EL Capitan was introduced in 1954 and was gone by the later 50's. Your's looks original although it is missing the Bakelite Cupcake Knobs it came with originally. These knobs are around, but they are getting pretty pricey these days. If the guitar were mine, I'd buy a pair and return it to it's glory days. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by aweltzin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:06 pm

aweltzin

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts