[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Tony Hunt Guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Tony Hunt Guitars

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by novi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm

I am a Novi because I find new things to learn everyday...
novi

by novi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:46 pm

Actually, it is not blue. The snap buttons are chrome and fabrics is tan just like the outside.

I did not remember having it for two years. I image it would be hard for anyone to remember after 27 some years.

Thanks again for the information.
novi

by novi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:40 am

novi

by novi » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

1984 Mosrite assembled by Tony Hunt

Tony Hunt bought parts from Semie after Mosrite Jonas Ridge , NC factory's shutdown because of fire.

Tony Hunt and Semie Moseley were good friends and Tony often helped out at Semie's North Carolina factory. (see "Walk Don't Run; Story about The Ventures First edition, page 272)

http://books.google.com/books?id=8KsyZ0 ... te&f=false

Semie signed his name on back of the headstock as he had usually done for the Mosrites made in later years.

Last edited by novi on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
novi

by novi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Other Tony Hunt guitars I found on eBay or else in the past years:

1) 12 string Hunt Classic guitar was listed on eBay by an Australian seller for $5000? The listing only lasted for 1 or 2 days before it disappeared. This guitar does not have the Hunt's usual back pad.

2) Pro Classic Hunt guitar was sold on eBay. I forgot the amount. No back pad on this guitar either.

3) The other Nokie's Hunt guitar was sold directly to this Japanese guitarist

4) 1980's custom shop on eBay:

5) 1978 eBay listing asking $5000

6) Teakwood Hunt custom is on eBay (10/10/09) asking for over $9495!

novi

by strings1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 am

Greetings! Im brand new to this forum. I have been looking for information on Hunt guitars for a while. About 13 years ago I bought a HUNT guitar. Its a mix between novi's pic#4 and pic#6. I play music full-time for a living and this was my main axe for several years...so its not museum quality like most of these pictures... 8) I wanted to let you guys know...I will be posting pics soon.

I just finished playing a show and then I have rehearsal early in the morn..but I will do my best to take pics when i get out. I cant wait to share and see what you all think.

When I bought the axe...the tag read "Mike" Hunt...I guess some joker at the music store labeled it...think about it for a second...did you get it...MyC*nt...horrible. No one knew anything about the axe..but I thought it looked hot...so I bought it.
strings1

by novi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 am

novi

by Murphguitarfan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Murphguitarfan

by novi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

novi

by strings1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Life happens..but here are the pics of my Hunt Guitar. I bought it at a music store called M.A.E in Davie Florida. No one at the store knew anything about it. I just liked the way it looked. It was my "daily driver"..I was playing about 250 shows with this axe.

Image[/img]

strings1

by novi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 pm

novi

by strings1 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:41 pm

How much do you guys think this guitar could go for? Any ideas of what you think my guitar would be worth? :?:
strings1

by chixdigit » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:48 am

inconcert with this thread, i found a tony hunt guitar on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Hunt-Guita ... 3a6980a006
chixdigit

by novi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi, some of you might have seen this listing on eBay.

The seller uses some of my photos which I posted here or from other forums and mentioned my pen name used on other forums "Desert Surfer" in description. This confuses people that I am the one who is selling this guitar. As matter of fact, one of friends sent me a message asking about this guitar.

I am not the seller.

I have sent the message to the seller and ask him to remove those photo, especially the one that Nokie Edwards playing his Hunt guitar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TONY-HUNT-CUSTO ... 20c4d61154

Just want to clarify.
novi

by novi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:42 pm

novi

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts