[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - my combo 400

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

my combo 400

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by jake_pbr » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 am

i went to the rickenbacker.com forum to try and find out about the combo 400 ive bought and didnt get much help so thought id come here.

its a 1956 combo 400 serian number is 4c6 147 thats about all i know about it .

heres a few pictures

if anyone as any infomation on the guitar and its value it would be greatly appreciated

cheers

jake .
jake_pbr

by cheepaxes » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:30 pm

I don't know anything about the guitar except that I've always gotten a kick out of the funky strap-holder hole in the back of those Ricks.

Welcome to Vintaxe. :)

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Lovely!!

Just got to say..

Man... does that have Paul Barth written all over it or what??? The dude may have been a one-trick-pony in the 50's... but man, what a trick! hahaha... every guitar that dude had a hand in... his Magnatone drafts, his Kay/National pieces... that all seem to descend from the same ideas. LOVE THIS MAN. hahaha...
Michael Ambrose

by Say No To Vorderman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:05 am

there was one similar , but looked in better condition, that was on Ebay Uk a month or two ago..it was listed a couple of times with a high starting price (£800 or so i think) and didn't sell till the seller reduced the starting price on the third attempt and i think it got about £600 but i can't be sure.
i'm sure someone will post the blue book price...if not i'll hunt it out later
Say No To Vorderman

by jedistar » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:27 am

jedistar

i

by jake_pbr » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:31 pm

i think the strap holder was designed for a saxophone strap when the guitar was aimed a big bands . im not sure though just what somebody told me,

Say No To Vorderman

I think this could be the guitar you saw on ebay thats whewre i bought it from .got it for £860 in the end . thought it was a pritty good price . if you could look up the price that would be helpful as i was thinking of getting it insured.
jake_pbr

by Say No To Vorderman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:56 am

2007 vintage guitar guide says only 216 made in black, exc condition lowest price $3000 highest $3500

2006 blue book says mint $2000, 60% $700

make of that what you will 8)
Say No To Vorderman

by Riotonsunset » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Riotonsunset

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:47 am

Hey Jake,

Say No To Vorderman has nailed the 2007 Price Guide value, unfortunately I don't have a newer guide to see how value may have changed.

Also note that value is related to color:

Black is listed at $3,000-$3,500
Like SNTV says about 216 made in Black

Other colors listed at $3,500-$4,500

Looks like about 50 each were made in Blue and Green; About 40 in Brown. Four other custom colors were offered that are likely much more rare.

Cool guitar 8)
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts