The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

kramer electric guitars

Posts related to vintage guitars made in America or guitars produced by historically American companies

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Nickster » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:50 pm

i am wondering if all kramer guitars are of good quality? The one I would like to buy that I know of has a floyd rose temelo,
it has the gold kramer written on the neck. Looks like it has three knobs
and either 3 or 4 pickups on it. A maple neck also the body is pink.
Thanks for any help nickster.
Nickster

by VintAxe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Hey Nickster,

I think we'll probably need to determine date/model to be much help. Here's some general guidelines I nicked off the Vintage Kramer site that you might find useful:

How to Determine Overseas vs. American Made Kramers
Just because the neckplate says Neptune, NJ doesn't mean its an American Made Kramer. Also, the term "American Made Kramer" must be used rather loosely. Most parts were made overseas on all Kramers, and then were asembled here in the U.S. For example, ESP provided Kramer with necks on all their guitars around 1986.

American Made (or assembled) Kramer Models
Baretta, Pacer, Stagemaster, Vanguard, Voyager, Classic, ProAx, NightSwan, Ripley, Spector, Paul Dean, Richie Sambora, TriAx, Enterprize, Elliot Easton, Sustainer, Liberty, and Condor Series.

Overseas Made Kramers
Striker, Focus, Number in the name (ex ZX10), XL, Aerostar, Showster, Gorky Park, and Ferrington.

Kramer's with the most value:
Generally, I've been doing research through ebay for the last 4 years on different values of popular Kramer models. Here is the ones I think are worth the most cash (not in any order):

1984 Kramer Baretta (non-tilt, hockeystick headstock) - usually around $700-$1200
1984-85 Kramer Baretta (angled, hockey-stick headstock) - $350-$500
Any Pacer or Baretta with hockey-stick headstock with maple fretboard (rare) $400-$900
Kramer Pacer with Strat Shaped headstock and Rockinger Tremolo $500
Richie Sambora Signature Model $700-$1200
Nightswan with Lightning Graphics, Aztec, Holoflash, or Polka Dot Graphics $600 - $1200
Kramer ProAxe $200-$500
Any Klein panted Kramer guitar - depends on model and paint scheme - $500 - $800
Stagemaster - $700-$1000
Ripley - (very rare) $900-$1200
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Nickster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:18 am

Thanks for the help Nick
Nickster

by Nickster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:47 am

It is a sustainer pink color maple neck I'll get it!!!
Nickster

Return to Vintage American Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts