[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Framus 5/168-54 Almost Perfect

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Framus 5/168-54 Almost Perfect

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by CormanoWilde » Sat May 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Just recently acquired one of these from a friend for free. It dates 1965 and is in almost flawless condition, sunburst finish chrome hardware. The only problems were that someone decided to shim the neck joint(I don't know why because I removed the shim and these guitars have a beautiful neck joint), the stock tuners were replaced with fender tuners,the nut was rather worn down, it is missing the trem arm and 1 magnet is missing from the bridge p/u. So I have a few questions to begin with.

1.)Does anyone know where I can find the trem arm for this?

2.)Should I replace the missing magnet, if so what kind of magnets do the p/u have?

3.)If I shouldn't replace the magnet where is somewhere I could find one of the original bridge p'ups for this sucker?

4.) I want to replace the fender tuners with the original tuners but the only tuners I can find are these http://shop.warwick.de/product_info.php ... brass.html
which are for the golden 5/168-54.Where could I find the right tuners?
CormanoWilde

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts