[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Eko 700 4V?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Eko 700 4V?

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by bee1982 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:52 am

Hi there new to the forums thought id post about my find. I have recently purchased a eko 700 4v from auction for £50. I have never even heard of this make before I bought it but after seing it I thought what the heck its gotta be worth 50 notes. So i Have done some research but i cant put an exact date on it i think its a 66 or 67 because it has a mahogony body el natural but not sure. I would post some pics of it but I took it straight to my friend dave winters (Done all the art work for iron maidens guitars) And I am Getting the guitar restored to a playable condition just wondering if this is wise or not i am gonna lock the bridge on it and and have the frets redone as some one has already tried but made a right pigs ear of it and ruined the bindings. So if anyone has any advice let me no i dont want to modify it if a collector would apreciate it this.
bee1982

by wietse » Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 pm

eko's are always collectable, but they have to be in original or almost original condition.
which colour has your's?
because a natural finish is unusual not to say most likely not original, they all were covered with vinyl, just like accordions.
at least the one ivé seen.
value for a good playable and original EKO 700 v4 i estimate around 400 euro here in the netherlands, differs slightly how rare the finish is, red and blue are very common.
wietse

by VintAxe » Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 am

Hi bee1982,

I was just wondering if your 700 4v looks like mine?

If so, the finish is original.
If you purchsed this instrument for 50 pounds, you are lucky not to be arrested for stealing :D

Mine is in Mint condition but I had to pay a premiem price to a U.K. guitar shop plus the expense of having it shipped to the States.

If I recall correctly, EKO installed the binding before installing the frets. They would then embed the frets in the binding making a refret impossible without damaging the binding. Hopefully your repair fella can come up with a solution that will give you a good result. Let us know how the repairs turned out when you get the instrument back from the shop.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts