[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - VOX Starstream and family picture

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

VOX Starstream and family picture

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by sploshette » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:36 am

Hi,

As I know some people on this board like them, I start this topic ...

So, this my "new" baby :

And all his family :

Enjoy !
sploshette

by Say No To Vorderman » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:03 am

is the that the one on Ebay the other week?

we really should have a green jealous smiley 8)

welcome to the board by the way
Say No To Vorderman

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Nice looking Vox collection you have there. Your newest addition looks to be in Near Mint condition.

If you haven't seen it, you should check out this 1967 video of the Strawberry Alarm Clock. It appears the band has struck an endorsement deal with Vox since they are all playing shiny new Vox instruments.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by sploshette » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:08 pm

sploshette

by RogerT » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 am

I've seen the pics and they will be added to my website soon! Great collection.
RogerT

by sploshette » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:52 am

sploshette

by audiodrome » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Wow - what a beautiful guitar, Sploshette!

Does anyone know who made this Vox "Starstream" copy guitar (in the middle of my two Phantoms)? I bought it about 25 years ago for $20. I assume that it's Japanese and from the '60s but I can't find any other info on it.

Paul
audiodrome

by sploshette » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:56 pm

sploshette

by audiodrome » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Paul
audiodrome

by audiodrome » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Here's a closeup of the UK Phantom.

Paul
audiodrome

by sploshette » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 am

nice close-ups !

the british VOX are rarer (this word exist ?) than the italian made.
and if the british one sounds a little bit like a telecaster I really understand you keep this one !

Yes the british and italian vox have different pickups.

I plan to sell my Italian black Phantom XII soon to buy a Starstream XII or Ultrasonic XII. I definitely prefer hollow body Italian VOX instruments. I had also a vox tempest XII a few years back, but these hollow bodies are the best sounding and really dig theirs look and feel.
sploshette

by audiodrome » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Paul
audiodrome

by Bob K » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:51 am

Bob K

by Riotonsunset » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 pm

Cool Starstream on Ebay! Too bad it is in Japan.

Still, the BIN is $700 less than the price on the one they have for sale at at Southside Guitars.

Riotonsunset

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts