[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Hagstrom

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hagstrom

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mirel07 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:32 pm

Hello,
I am just wondering if someone could help me out in determining what type of Hagstrom i have and what its rough value is.

Since i know little about guitars I have found it hard to try and determine its model and after scouring the internet for Hagstroms can't seem to find one matching my model.

I ask dearly for your help on it and the only information i have on it was that it was purchased by my father in the 1970's (perhaps 1970) for around 500 dollars AUS.

I will post some pictures and look forward to some responses.

Thank you
Mirel Gogic
mirel_07@hotmail.com

Image[/img]
mirel07

by hansmoust » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 am

Hello Mirel,

The model you have is called a Hagstrom Scandi and it's from the mid-'70s.
Can't help you with the current value but maybe somebody else can.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl
hansmoust

by mirel07 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 am

Thanks For your help Hans,

with that I was able to do some more research and now i do think it is a Hagstrom III Scandi since the Hagstrom scandi has scandi written on the handle, Any more help would be greatly appreciated

Mirel Gogic
mirel07

by simonm » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:09 am

Hi - it seems there were only about 600 of these guitars made in 2 batches from 1976 to around '82 (yours is from the first batch - the later ones have the name on the headstock), and all the ones I've seen on the internet are natural finish, not sunburst like yours.

So it's quite "rare", but not super valuable - see this thread on a UK Hagstrom forum:

simonm

by mirel07 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:05 am

Ahh ok, i guess since they didn't send them out to the U.S it ruins its value alot, Thanks Simon for that info
mirel07

by VintAxe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 am

Hi mirel07,

Looks like the estimated price in the US market is about the same as the UK. The Blue Book suggests a value of $800 USD for a Scandi in Excellent condition.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mirel07 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Hello,

Thanks to all of you who put effort into finding information for me on this topic, should have come here first rather than sending off emails that were never replied to. I think now i have enough information on this guitar!, thanks to you experts.

Yours Sincerely,

Mirel Gogic
mirel07

by Say No To Vorderman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 am

aha..a chance to show off my Hagstrom Futurama from about 62/63

Say No To Vorderman

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts