[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Burns Guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Burns Guitars

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by audiodrome » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Paul
audiodrome

by Spud1950 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Lot's of info about Burns guiatrs on the net.Just Google "Burns guitars". Here's one site.

[/url]http://www.burnsguitarmuseum.com/[url]

I owned one of these 1960s Jazz Split Sound's, around 1971.Mine was red. It was a beatiful guitar. Although it was named "Jazz", it could be set for many different tones with the rotary tone selector switch, and could also surf twang as good as any Strat,as well as sound jazzy and mellow. A very fine quality instrument, unfortunately it got stolen.

[/url]http://www.vintage-guitars.se/1963_Burns_Jazz_Split_Sound_3410.htm[url]

As far as which songs The Shadows used the Burns on, according to this little snippet I found, I guess any recordings made betwwen 1964 and 1969 would be a safe bet.

"For many people, the name of Burns will always be connected with The Shadows. The group started working with Jim Burns as early as 1962. At the end of 1963, when Cliff and The Shadows promoted their single Don’t Talk To Him, Marvin used a prototype Double Six. Between 1964-69, the Shadows used their Burns Marvin guitars - and Burns had to make at least 30 prototypes of that guitar until Hank Marvin and Bruce Welch were finally satisfied. "

And don't forget,Brian May uses Burns Tri Sonic pickups in his famous guitar.

[/url]
Spud1950

by audiodrome » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:43 am

Paul
audiodrome

by simonm » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:29 pm

simonm

by Say No To Vorderman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Say No To Vorderman

by jeff mercer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:40 pm

There is another (earlier) one called "The Burns Book" by British vintage expert Paul Day, published by Bold Strummer, tho' it's quite possibly out of print. I had a really rare Burns that I sold years back, before I knew what I had ( sound familiar to anyone ? :o) It was a Black to Red sunburst Split-Sound 6-string bass ! Whammy bar, 3 Tri-sonic pickups, original case, immaculate condition etc. etc. ! There is a great old shot of John Paul Jones (pre-Led Zep) using one on a session in the book I mentioned, & I've since found out there were only around 100 made ! Damn ! I know that original Hank Marvin models- he now lives here in Australia, funnily enough- command HUGE $$ in the UK, but I think their collectability is fairly limited outside of Britian.
jeff mercer

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts