[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Unknown Eko bass

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unknown Eko bass

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Stealth » Wed May 27, 2009 6:44 am

Greetings, people.
While rehearsing at a guitarist friend's place I noticed this little gem on top of his cupboard:

Pics are here (clickable):

Does anyone have any idea what model it was, what pickups were inside, what were the controls (my guess is the switch is a pickup selector, and the controls are V/V/T/T), and how hard would it be to restore this puppy into working order? The neck pickup cavity is one point that bothers me (because of the above crack), the other one's the cracked veneer.

The reason I'm asking is, well, the above friend said I can have the bass if I'm willing to refurbish it into something playable. My experience with Eko instruments is limited (other than the fact a guitar player in my band plays an Eko 12-string guitar and she's fairly happy with it), and considering there's plenty of time during summer (part of which I intended to spend winding pickups) I'd be more than willing to put some elbow grease into this.
Stealth

by cheepaxes » Wed May 27, 2009 12:51 pm

I have no idea what the model is. If you have the time to work on it I say why not take a shot. As long as it doesn't end up in worse condition than it is now, what is there to lose? I would think the hardest part would be to find a bridge and a tailpiece that will work. For everything else you can probably get by with generic replacements.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Stealth » Sat May 30, 2009 2:43 am

Does anyone else have a clue what model it was? Again, the most important think I'm interested in is the bridge assembly that'd work well with this. I've found a few pictures of the bass in its "normal" form (without missing parts) but no such thing as a detailed parts list.
Stealth

by Spud1950 » Sat May 30, 2009 3:22 am

It did strike me as having a 70s style look to it.This is very close. 1975 Eko catalog page from the Fetish Guitar site.They have some catalogs for other years,but there is no other solid body bass that resembles it. It appears to be just about the same as the Daytona bass, with a different knob arrangement. I can even picture the same parts on the Daytona fitting your guitar.How do they compare to the parts you saw in the picture of your guitar in it's original condition?

Spud1950

by Stealth » Sat May 30, 2009 6:01 am

Bingo.

http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/c ... /75/1.html

Kiwi Bass, two-piece bridge, twin humbuckers, V/T, V/T.

Thanks for the info, people. Let's hope I can restore it to its former glory. :D
Stealth

by ben » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:31 am

ben

by wietse » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 pm

wietse

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts