[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - wot ye reckon about an EKO cobra?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

wot ye reckon about an EKO cobra?

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by opotable » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:08 pm

i was digging in my cupboard the other day and re-discovered what i think must be a cobra. missing the bridge and the tremelo arm and some machine head parts.

not much to be found on the web about EKOS's generally, what's the parts situation? is it worth bothering trying to make it original?

if anyone's interested i can post a pic.

i think there's an EKO bass in bits in a bag somewhere too and i have a few more acoustic EKO gutars as well.

i must be worth a fortune........... :lol:
opotable

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am

Hi opotable.

Sounds like all you really need is a set of Eko tuners. You can probably get away with using a non original bridge until you find the correct part.

I think the Eko parts situation is good if you are willing to watch US eBay. Apparently when Lo Duca (Eko's US Distributor) went bankrupt, they sold all remaining inventory at an auction in Milwaukee Wisconson. So, in the states you commonly find new old stock parts for Eko guitars. The amp logo I sold you a while back came from a box of misc literature and parts that I bought from a fella who I believe bought the box at the auction.

Happy hunting :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by opotable » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 am

thanks,that's interesting, :)

you must be confusing me with someone else tho', we've never done any deals together. :?
opotable

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Sorry bout that; a fuzzy memory indeed, I sent that logo to Denmark, not Switzerland. :oops:

Here is a guy in the UK that appears to have some Eko parts. In his biography it states he bought Eko's inventory in 1987. He might have just the parts you need.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by opotable » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:03 pm

most people confuse sweden with switzerland, denmark is a new one! :lol:

thanks for the interesting link. :)
opotable

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts