[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Wandre bass guitar - but what?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Wandre bass guitar - but what?

Posts related to vintage guitars produced in Europe, Canada or Australia

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by chrisroper » Sun May 02, 2010 10:10 am

Hi all.
I recently found what I assume is a Wandre guitar in an antique store. But I'm wondering what model it is, and whether it's worth any substantial amount, and whether I should have it restored.
There are a bunch of images on my website http://chrisroper.co.za/2010/05/02/wandre-wondering/ if you want to take a look, but I'll post one here for convenience.
Chris

chrisroper

by mike_C » Sun May 02, 2010 1:18 pm

hi chris,

BEAUTIFUL instrument wow! sorry but i can't help you re- worth but my instincts tell me your bass is probably worth a very good amount.

personally i wouldn't mess w/ "restoring" guitar. haven't looked super carefully at pics but nothing jumped out at me as being a problem. if you're not comfortable doing it yourself maybe have it set up to play it's best.

before i knew anything about wandre guitars i stumbled into a guitar center (ie babylon) in florida somewhere. immediately i spied two of the strangest but beautiful guitars i'd ever seen. they turned out to be wandre's ! gc wanted 500.00 each - considering i was touring and not making that much per week i passed ... doh!

congrats to you and enjoy,
mike
mike_C

by Spud1950 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:28 pm

A great find. Those are very rare. The closet thing I can find is that it is the bass version of the Rock 6. It doesn't exactly match the other bass models on this Guitar Fetish page.

I would contact Jack at Guitar Fetish and see what he has to say about it.I'm sure he'd be very interested in seeing it and can give you good info and an idea of what the value is.He's a nice guy and will respond.

Jack Marchal : jack@fetishguitars.com

I also agree with Mike_C. Leave the guitar in the most original condition as possible and just set it up to play properly. Refinishing, changing hardware,etc. will seriously devalue the guitar.
Spud1950

Return to Vintage European Electric Guitars

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts